We are in CONSTANT need for products to provide Childhood Cancer affected Families with monthly groceries, so we ask individuals and companies to do non-perishable food, toiletries and cleaning materials drives, so that we can continue providing groceries and toiletries to the families who depend on us for regular assistance.
We are actively involved with around 100 Childhood Cancer affected Families at any given time. The majority of the Families to whom we offer Support require help due to one of the following circumstances:
- One parent had to quit their employment as their child with cancer needs permanent care/cannot go to school, or is on active treatment, which means, hospitalised for weeks, sometimes months, on end;
- One or both parents are unemployed;
- Single Parent Families, with little or no income;
- Grandparent-run Families, with no income, except Government Grants.
Here is a basic list of non-perishable food, toiletries and household cleaning materials contained in the Family Care Package which we send to the Families where possible on a monthly basis. Donations of any of these products would be highly appreciated:
- 0pH Soap Bars
- Toothpaste, Toothbrush. Facecloth
- 2-In-1 Shampoo and Conditioner, Large Size
- Body Lotion, Non Scented Aqueous Cream
- Female Deodorant; Male Deodorant
- 2kg Washing Powder; Staysoft Sachets, Mixes 2 Litres
- Dishwashing Liquid, Handy Andy, JIK,
- Disposable Shaving Razors
- Macaroni and Spaghetti; Two Minute Noodles
- Self-Raising Flour
- Mieliemeal, Oats, Weetbix,
- Dry Soup Mix; Boxes Cup-A-Soup
- Stock Cubes; Oxtail Soup Packets; White Onion Soup Packets
- Tomato Sauce, Chutney
- Bovril / OXO; Peanut Butter
- Sugar, Tea, Coffee,
- Long-Life Milk
- Biscuits, Rusks
- Tinned Breyani, Bully Beef, Chicken Products
- Tinned Sweetcorn (Whole Kernel and Creamed Varieties)
- Tinned Green Beans, Mixed Vegetables, Peas, Baby Carrots
- Tinned Jam, 490g
- Tinned Pilchards, Tuna, Viennas
- Tinned Soup
We also require financial donations for this project with which we can purchase any products that have not been donated, special requirements such as nappies, Pediasure, etc. Where possible we also fill up the packages with fresh produce which is purchased just before delivery.
We accept donations from all over South Africa – should you wish to donate, we will arrange for collection from you and delivery to our office at no cost to you, via our fantastic sponsor, Kargo (Pty) Ltd.
If you or your company would like to get involved please contact us.
Section 18A and BBBEEE benefits are accrued.
Trust Registration No: IT2817/2010
NPO No: 089-376
PBO No: 930037657
Tax Registration No: 1000/881/17/5
VAT Exemption No: 1000/881/17/5