The Little Fighters Cancer Trust (LFCT) is a South African Non-Profit Childhood Cancer Support Organisation. LFCT was established in 2010 when it was realised that there are many Child Cancer affected families that need help but are falling through the cracks.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi ~
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust was originally founded by caring citizens in Paarl, Western Cape to assist child cancer affected families in the Drakenstein region.
Lfct helped 2 Children with Cancer in 2009. We now help in excess of 2,000 Children with Cancer and their Families throughout South Africa annually.
3 Core Services
We focus on three vital services; Hospital Ward Support; Individual Childhood Cancer Affected Family Support; Promoting and Advocating Childhood Cancer Awareness
To provide practical & emotional support to children with cancer and their families, while working to raise public awareness of Early Warning Signs of Childhood Cancer throughout South Africa.
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust strives to relieve some of the heartache and difficulties faced by childhood cancer affected families, guided by the following goals:
- Providing support with a holistic approach, ensuring that individuals, families and communities are included.
- Treating Each Child with Cancer and his/ her Family as individuals, as we understand and respect the uniqueness of each situation.
- The preservation of individual dignity and pride.
- Promoting and advocating National Childhood Cancer Awareness in an effort to increase the amount of diagnosed childhood cancer cases in South Africa, as an increase in earlier diagnosis will result in a higher survival rate for children with cancer in South Africa.
Our values provide the foundation of our organisation and underpin everything we do.
These values are:
- Empathy and Caring
- Respect for All
- Maintenance of Strict Confidentiality
- Preservation of each person’s Dignity and Individuality
- Integrity Beyond Reproach
Our Core Services
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust provides services in three core areas:
- Hospital Ward Support
- Individual Childhood Cancer Affected Family Support
- Promoting and Advocating Childhood Cancer Awareness
The VOICE of Childhood Cancer Awareness
The HANDS of Childhood Cancer Support!
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust originally started in 2009 when the Founders became personally but indirectly affected by Childhood Cancer. Two children from different families within their personal circle of friends were diagnosed with cancer. WHile helping, they soon realised that there are many Child Cancer affected families that need help but are falling through the cracks.
The Trust was formalised as a legal entity and registered as a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) and a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) in 2010. The aim was to assist Children with Cancer in the Drakenstein area. but the sheer amount of requests for help flooding in from all nine provinces, begging for more to be done. This led to LFCT becoming a fully-fledged National Childhood Cancer Support Organisation.
From helping 2 Children with Cancer in 2009, LFCT now assists thousands of Children with Cancer and their Family members throughout South Africa annually, impacting thousands more lives every year!
We will always go out of our way to assist wherever possible – funds dependent – and where we cannot help we will endeavour to put our beneficiary family in touch with an organisation that can.