Have you heard about the amazing South African invention “The Wonderbag“?
The Wonderbag is a simple but revolutionary non-electric heat-retention cooker. It continues to cook food that has been brought to the boil by conventional methods for up to 12 hours without the use of additional electricity or fuel. The Wonderbag is also a Coolerbag – it keeps food and beverages cold. Freeze it, bag it, store it, serve it.
The Wonderbag is great for mothers of Children with Cancer because it will free up their time in the kitchen while allowing them to cook nutritious, wholesome food for their family. You can start the food on the stove and then place it in the Wonderbag and go about your business without any worries – when you are ready for dinner it will be ready for you…
The food will taste great because it is slow-cooked – from meaty stews and vegetable curries, to simple rice, beans, pasta, and soups, the Wonderbag cooks food beautifully and thoroughly. Meat is perfectly tender and vegetables retain their flavour and texture.
Each bag comes with a Recipe Booklet and you can browse the Recipes section of the Wonderbag website for loads more fantastic Recipes as well as Tips & Tricks, Cooking Times and Metric Conversions.
LFCT received a donation of one of these awesome Wonderbags in December from Tiger Foods to raffle off to raise funds…
10 BENEFITS of the WONDERBAG
- HEALTHY: Cooking in The Wonderbag keeps the moisture inside your food and nutrients don’t boil away promoting healthy food.
- SAFE: Slow cooking in The Wonderbag uses less water, food doesn’t burn and neither should you or your family.
- TASTY AND DELICIOUS: Cooking in The Wonderbag over time tenderises meat, keeps vegetables firm, allows flavours to develop so meals are tasty and delicious.
- GORGEOUS: Wonderbags are designed and made in attractive fabrics that are easy to wash, wipe and clean.
- PORTABLE: The Wonderbag is perfect for transporting meals to picnics and to friends – ready to share and eat – piping hot. Once it is used, it can be put away.
- WONDERTIME CONVENIENCE: Eat when you’re ready. Family or friends running late? Keep your Wonderbag meal fresh and hot without spoiling it or prepare meals in advance, the night before, or in the morning and just reheat and serve. A nutritious meal is ready in minutes.
- INSULATES: Hot and Cold – The Wonderbag keeps things cold too, so it’s a great farmers market or supermarket companion to keep your groceries cold and frozen while travelling.
- VERSATILE: The Wonderbag is not just a slow cooker. It’s a great YOGURT maker, RICE cooker and BREAD ‘prover’.
- CATALYST FOR CHANGE – The Wonderbag Changes Lives. For every Wonderbag bought a donation is made to The Wonderbag Foundation who distribute Wonderbags to families in need in Africa who by using The Wonderbag more disposable income for education, better health, have more time with their families, are safer, use less fuel and forests grow back which all contributes to The Wonderbag Effect.
- GOODNESS IN A BAG: The Wonderbag is good to the environment and good to you.
WONDERBAG vs SLOW COOKER
1.Cooks all day without being plugged in – completely worry free.
2.It can’t over-cook however long you leave it. If your plans change, the food can’t burn or dry out, simply let it cool and refrigerate. Or re-heat and serve.
3.Vegetables keep their form and are less mushy.
4.It’s portable – you can take it with you and cook en route or you can deliver a piping hot meal to someone else without using an energy source when you arrive.
5.It doubles up as a cooler box.
6.No crust forms on top of the food.
7.Put straight on the table when entertaining. Enjoy the company of your guests and when it is time to eat, your table and meal are both ready and beautiful.
8.In a motor-home / caravan it doesn’t take up valuable locker space while replacing the cooler box and slow cooker.
Wonderbags cost around R350 each – we are selling Raffle Tickets at R25 each!
1 Please make a deposit into our Bank Account and clearly mark it “Wonderbag Raffle“
2 E-Mail your Proof of Payment to Billi – firstname.lastname@example.org – if I do not receive POP I cannot award you tickets.
3 I will e-mail you your ticket number(s)
4 The Draw will take place on International Childhood Cancer Day which is Thursday, 15 February 2018
Please support this Fundraising Initiative and get your Friends and Family to Purchase Tickets as well – We would really like to sell 500 Tickets!!
Account Holder: Little Fighters Cancer Trust
Bank: FNB Paarl Mall
Account No: 62380183013
Branch code: 250057
Swift code for international donations: FIRNZAJJ
Trust Reg No: IT2817/2010
PayPal – Donations