Mother’s Day is really important to us at the Little Fighters Cancer Trust as, if there ever were mothers that should be celebrated for their love, strength and fortitude then it is the mothers who battle Childhood Cancer with their children.
Last week we took time out to visit all the mothers of our Little Fighters in the Paediatric Oncology Wards at both Tygerberg and Red Cross Children’s Hospital – we were joined by representatives from Cell C Paarl.
Each Mother received an LFCT Bag with loads of goodies in plus a Cell C bag and a lovely bunch of roses. Each mother was allowed to choose her own colour bag and bunch of roses 🌹, which they absolutely loved – one mother chose a pink bag and pink roses, and when Lizelma asked her if pink was her favourite colour she said yes, and she only has boys….
Our brand new LFCT Bags are made from recycled jeans by our wonderful new partners, Drakenstein APD Centre and they are colourful, big enough, very creatively made, of great quality and in one word, AWESOME!!!!
Our grateful thanks go out to the following donors without which none of this would have been possible:
- Paarl Boys Primary grade 2’s who hand-made special Mother’s Day Bookmarks for our Moms (on behalf of their own children)
- Celeste Vaughn – Water-Bottles & Shampoo
- Aztec Security – Pens
- Zelda Swanepoel – Bathsalts and Key-rings
- Cell C – R15 Airtime Sim-Card, Lanyard, Beanie, Scarf, small Cooler Bag and a Shopping Bag for each Mom.
- Diamant Estate – Bottled Water
- Christian Literature Fund – Pamphlets for the Moms (which they thoroughly enjoyed reading)
- Lufthansa Airlines – A lovely new Blanket for each mom
- Woolworths Laborie – Roses and Eats
- Perdeberg Group – Notebooks
As can be seen from the photos, everyone was most appreciative. Our Mom’s know that they are loved and appreciated 🥰 and mentioned the fact that they love LFCT’s “Personal Touch.” 🤗 They will also be nice and warm while they sit next to their child’s bedside in the cold hospital ward this winter.
One of the “personal touches” came from Paarl Boys Primary – each pupil made a lovely Mother’s Day card in the form of a bookmark for their own mom and then made one for a Little Fighter as if it had been made by their own child, so as can be seen on the photo, they say “Love you Mom” and “Mom you are great” – we think this was so sweet of these young lads ❤️🥰
Some of the moms also told Suraya that they are going to use their LFCT bags for future hospital visits while others said that they are of such good quality they may even use them as their “work-bags”
The staff on duty were also gifted with eats, roses and keyrings from LFCT.