Add to this some of the side-effects of these treatments such as Constipation, Diarrhoea, Difficulty Chewing, Dehydration, Difficulty Swallowing (Dysphagia), Dry Mouth (Xerostomia), Mouth Sores or Mucositis, Nausea and Vomiting, and Taste Changes, all of which make it difficult for them to eat, and parents are faced with a massive problem.
This is when it is helpful to have some nutritional liquids on hand that you can give your child to drink to help them fight the cancer and maintain their weight and energy levels.
We have published many recipes for Smoothies and other Healthy Drinks, so today we are going to bring you something a bit different ~ in the form of recipes for Homemade Almond Milk, a Cleansing Booster Beet Juice, Enoch’s famous Kick’um Juice and an Immunity Boosting Carrot, Orange, Lemon & Ginger Juice
Homemade Almond Milk
The health benefits of almond milk include the improvement of vision, weight loss, stronger bones and a strong, healthy heart. It helps in building strong muscles, maintaining ideal blood pressure and maintaining proper kidney-function. Almond milk also contains cancer-fighting properties.
Almond Milk Nutrition Facts
Almond milk prepared from almonds is low in fat, but high in energy, proteins, lipids and fibre. It contains minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc.
The other nutrients available in this milk include vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate and vitamin E. All these nutrients have various benefits which are essential for a healthy body.
Homemade Almond Milk Recipe
Yield: 1 litre
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 5 cups water plus more for soaking
- desired flavorings and sweeteners (vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, honey or agave syrup)
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with 1-inch cold water. Soak them, uncovered, overnight or up to two days.
- Drain the almonds from the soaking water and rinse them under cool running water.
- Place 2 cups of almonds in the blender and cover with 2 cups of water.
- Blend at the highest speed for 2 minutes. At this point the water should be white and opaque.
- Strain the mixture thru a cheese cloth, kitchen towel or sprout bag.
- Rinse the blender and pour the milk back in. Add the desired flavorings and sweeteners and blend to combine.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 with the rest of the almonds.
- Pour the milk into a glass jar or pitcher and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serve almond milk on its own or enjoy it with cookies, cereal or smoothies.
Tips and Tricks:
- Shake the milk well before using as the mixture separates when sitting.
- Place the remaining almonds pulp on a cookie sheet and dehydrate it in the oven on the lowest temperature until it’s dry (2-3 hours). For a fine almond meal, run it through a food processor or blender. Use it instead of flour in recipes like muffins, cookies, oatmeal and so on.
Cleansing Booster Beet Juice
Beetroot has been used as a treatment for cancer in Europe for centuries. The modern interest in using beetroot as a treatment for cancer started in the 1920’s when two German doctors by the name of Farberse and Schoenenberger used beetroot to treat cancer patients.
In the early 1930’s, a Hungarian professor carried out experiments to show that beetroots improved the health of cancer patients.
How Beet Juice Helps Kill Cancer Cells
Beet juice helps to detoxify as well as protect our cells with much-needed (easily absorbed) nutrients and oxygen. Even athletes are beginning to understand the importance of nutrient dense liquids by incorporating beet juice into their training routines for better physical performance.
Some breakthrough studies have shown that the same characteristics in beets – which help athletes perform better – help cancer patients reverse their condition. The link between oxygen and cancer is well-known and beets can increase oxygen, within the blood, by 400 percent while helping to eliminate waste products.
The Ferenczi’s Effect is named after the man who discovered a tumour-inhibiting effect of a flavonoid (betazyane) in beets – which proved that beets have the ability to increase oxygen intake within the cells, while protecting the levels of vitamin C – another great anti-cancer nutrient.
One of the anti-tumor effects of beetroot juice is explained by its high iron content, designed to regenerate red blood corpuscles that supply cancer cells with more oxygen. This higher oxygen content improves cellular respiration – which helps to kill cancer cells.
Beets are considered one of be best cleansing foods, and their main accomplishment in that regard is they detoxify the kidneys, liver and lymph system – while promoting the regeneration of new (healthy) cells.
Booster Beet Juice Recipe
- 3 carrots (regular size)
- 3 sprigs of Italian parsley
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 Empire Apple
- 1 beet (leaf greens included)
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- Cayenne pepper, sprinkled on top (optional)
- Add all ingredients to vegetable juicer.
- Gently mix juice and consume immediately.
Here is the recipe for Enoch’s famous Kick’um Juice. He used this drink to help him fight cancer and still drinks it to this day to help his immune system stay at peak performance.
Kick’um Juice Recipe
(Note: always use organic if possible)
- Hot peppers such as jalapeno, habanero, serrano
- Black pepper
- Maple syrup
- A couple of your favourite fruits
- See above video
Immunity Boosting Carrot, Orange, Lemon & Ginger Juice
This recipe may be more suited to Children with Cancer.
Carrot juice is a nutritional powerhouse! Loaded with vitamin A and beta carotene, carrot juice is a great source of anti-oxidants, and is also thought to cleanse and restore the liver.
Paired with spicy ginger, oranges, and a splash of fresh lemon juice, this juice is not only bursting with flavour, but also with a hefty dose of Vitamin C and folate.
Vitamin B9, commonly known as folate or folic acid, plays an important role in preserving the genetic material or DNA. Consuming adequate amounts of folate rich foods is believed to reduce the risk of DNA mutation responsible for growth of the malignant cells.
In a work presented March 30, 2017 in Cancer Cell, University of Iowa researchers have also shown pathways by which altered iron metabolism in cancer cells, and not normal cells, lead to increased sensitivity to cancer cell killing caused by high dose vitamin C.
Carrot, Orange, Lemon and Ginger Juice Recipe
- 2 Oranges, peeled
- 6 Carrots
- 1/2 Lemon, peeled
- 1 inch piece of Ginger (can add more on less depending on how much you like ginger!)
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper (to really wake you up!)
- Cut the skin of the oranges and lemon.
- Put carrots, oranges, lemon and ginger through juicer.
- Stir and serve immediately for maximum nutrition.
Sip & Enjoy!