The Little Fighters Cancer Trust (LFCT) is a South African Non-Profit Organisation that offers various types of support to Children with Cancer and their Families throughout South Africa. Our Vision is to provide practical & emotional support to children with cancer and their families while working to raise public awareness of Early Warning Signs of Childhood Cancer throughout South Africa.
LFCT strives to relieve some of the heartache and difficulties faced by childhood cancer-affected families by:
- Providing holistic support, ensuring that individuals, families and communities are included.
- Treating each child with cancer and their family members as individuals; understanding and respecting the uniqueness of each situation.
- The preservation of individual dignity and pride.
- Promoting and Advocating National Childhood Cancer Awareness
The services LFCT offers are divided into three focus areas.
1.Hospital Ward Support
- Paediatric Oncology Hospital Ward visits
- Bags of Hope
- Mother’s Day gifts
- Share the Warmth
- Break the Rules Birthday Bashes
- Christmas Elf Project
2. Individual and Family Support
- Family Care Packages
- Resources permitting, LFCT also helps with:
- Home & school resources;
- Home repairs (to make home hygienic for child with cancer);
- Transport costs to and from the hospital/clinic;
- Funeral expenses/support;
- Family support after remission or death;
- Family outings;
- Birthday & anniversary celebrations;
- Facilitating a Little Fighter’s last wish
3. Promoting and Advocating Childhood Cancer Awareness
There is a dire need for more awareness surrounding Childhood Cancer!
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust advocates CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS by distributing pamphlets, gold awareness ribbons, early warning signs of childhood cancer cards and A1 laminated posters; via our September Awareness Campaign, various other campaigns, and by offering informative presentations.
The VOICE of Childhood Cancer Awareness
The HANDS of Childhood Cancer Support!
A Bit of History
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust was established in 2009 when the Founders became personally but indirectly affected by Childhood Cancer (two children from different families within their personal circle of friends were diagnosed with cancer) and it was realised that there are many Child Cancer affected families that need help but are falling through the cracks.
The Trust was formalised as a legal entity and registered as a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) and a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) in 2010 with the aim of assisting Children with Cancer in the Drakenstein area but from the sheer amount of requests for help flooding in from all nine provinces, it was soon realised that more needed to be done, and LFCT became a fully-fledged National Childhood Cancer Support Organisation.
From helping 2 Children with Cancer in 2009, LFCT now assists thousands of Children with Cancer and their Family members throughout South Africa annually, impacting thousands more lives every year!
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust is a registered NPO with PBO Status and a Level 2 BB-BEEE Contributor.
- Trust Registration: IT2817/2010
- NPO No: 089-376
- PBO No: 930037657
- Tax Registration No: 1000/881/17/5
- VAT Exemption No: 1000/881/17/5
Account Holder: Little Fighters Cancer Trust
Bank: FNB Paarl Mall
Account No: 62380183013
Branch code: 250057
Swift code for International Donations: FIRNZAJJ
Donate via Paypal
Donate via Snapscan