To Provide practical & emotional support to children with cancer and their families, while working to raise public awareness of Early Warning Signs of Childhood Cancer throughout South Africa.
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust (LFCT) strives to relieve some of the heartache and difficulties faced by childhood cancer affected families.
We achieve this by:
- Providing holistic support, ensuring that individuals, families and communities are included.
- Treating each child with cancer and their family members as individuals; understanding and respecting the uniqueness of each situation.
- The preservation of individual dignity and pride.
- Promoting and Advocating National Childhood Cancer Awareness
Our values provide the foundation of our organisation and underpin everything we do.
These values are:
- Empathy and caring
- Respect for all
- Maintenance of strict confidentiality
- Preservation of each person’s dignity and individuality
- Integrity beyond reproach
Our Core Services
The Little Fighters Cancer Trust provides services in three core areas:
- Hospital Ward Support
- Individual Childhood Cancer Affected Family Support
- Promoting and Advocating Childhood Cancer Awareness
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” Mahatma Gandhi